About the Voluntary Product Recall
MerchSource, in coordination with the Consumer Safety Product Commission (CPSC), is conducting a voluntary recall of the FAO Schwarz Toy Wood Play Smart Robot Buddy and FAO Schwarz Toy Wood Sensory Board, and providing a refund based on the MSRP.
FAO Schwarz Toy Wood Play Smart Robot Buddy
The FAO Schwarz Toy Wood Play Smart Robot Buddy is a sensory activity box with a robot factory inspired design featuring spinners, knobs and gear and bead manipulation activities. “Robot Factory” is written on the side of the cube.
The batch number identifying the recalled product (#35227A21210) is located on the inside panel of the box.
FAO Schwarz Toy Wood Sensory Board
The FAO Schwarz Toy Wood Sensory Board is a sensory activity center featuring spinners, flippers, maze and musical xylophone with connected mallet. “FAO Schweetz Shop” is written on the top of the board.
The batch number identifying the recalled product (#59945A21207) is located on the back of the board.
Hazard: Potential choking hazard.
Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled toys and complete the form below to obtain a refund.
Incidents/Injuries: There have been approximately 20 reported incidents of small parts coming loose or falling off of the products posing a potential choking hazard to young children. There were 9 reports of parts coming loose or falling off of the Toy Wood Play Smart Robot and 11 reports of parts coming loose or falling off of the Toy Wood Sensory Board. There have been no reported injuries.
Sold at: FAO Schwarz stores, online at www.faoschwarz.com, Target stores nationwide and at www.target.com beginning November 2021 through February 14, 2022. FAO Schwarz Toy Wood Play Smart Robot Buddy had an MSRP of $59.99 and the FAO Schwarz Toy Wood Sensory Board had an MSRP of $24.99.
- Immediately discontinue use of the product and place the product (including any separate pieces) in a box large enough that it can be sealed.
- Fill out the form below. If you are unable to fill out this form, please call us toll-free at 800-813-8762 Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT or email with the heading “FAO RECALL” to email@example.com.
- You will receive an email confirmation with a FedEx return shipping label within 10 business days (two weeks). Please make a note of the FedEx Tracking Number, as it will allow you to document your return and to confirm when we have received the return.
- Print the label and affix the label to the outside of the box containing the product.
- Drop off the package at any facility where FedEx picks up.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for your refund check to arrive.
We will refund the MSRP of the product you are returning. In order to receive this refund, the full product must be included in the return package.